Friday, March 4, 2016

The Life I'm Meant To Live vs. The Life I Want To Live

There was a sketch on SNL two seasons ago parodying the show Girls, which itself is a satire of millennials. The first line is "Honestly, I feel like I'm living the life I was meant to be living, I just wish it was the life I wanted to be living!" I hate that I think of this line everyday, and that it relates to me so much. I'm such a fucking millennial stereotype that lines from a parody of a satire relate god damn life.

I'm far from living the life I want to live. Ideally, at 20 years old, I'd be living on my own in a major city like L.A or New York (a city that's also a major entertainment hub), and going to school for mass. communications. I'd be watching tv shows and movies nonstop, taking notes for the the things I'm making. And when I'm not doing that, I'm spending time with friends somewhere low-key like a bar or an apartment. I'd be recording things down in my life, whether on film or in writing, for personal reflection and to serve as inspiration for future projects.

I'm rereading what I just wrote and its not so much different from the life I'm living now. I've got a group of friends I hang out with at "low-key" places. I record things down from my life (though I'm not sure how much of it is meaty enough to serve as inspiration). I'm also watching tv shows and movies nonstop, but the reasoning behind it is normally boredom, not to take notes for future projects.

The only clear difference is living on my own in a major entertainment hub of a city, but I'm not sure if it'd be exactly possible right now. Or maybe it would be, but I'm just nervous about the emotional and physical sacrifices it would take right now. Is that something I'd be capable of? I like to think it would be.

This is without a doubt the life I'm meant to be living but for reasons I'm not sure of. Maybe it'll push me towards the life I want to be living. Maybe one day the life I'm meant to be living will become the life I want to be living. Maybe one day I'll make the life I want to be living a reality.

Good night pals, love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment