Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Death To My Abs and Reflecting On My First Part-Time Job

I did an ab workout this afternoon before work, and I already feel the presence of death in my core. Because of that work out, I consider today pretty successful. Mostly because I've been wanting to work out for over a week now, and I finally got it done. I ate kind of okay, but I'm positive I can do much better tomorrow. I woke today to a dirty room, and felt pretty unmotivated. It wasn't till a few hours later, after I cleaned up, that I remembered that I wasn't going to be able to turn my thoughts (of cleaning, working out etc) into a reality if I wasn't putting any action towards them. After that I cleaned up my room a bit, and did the killer ab work out.

I consider a good day a work to be when I kid doesn't call me "mean" for not letting them play outside after they've misbehaved all day. While it started off a bit rough, the kids kind of got that I was bullshitting them when I said I wouldn't take them out if they weren't behaving. They did their homework, and took them outside. Normally when its a group of kids, they try and impress each other and act up, and thats when my job gets tough. But the part that makes me really happy, that makes me realize that this is more than just a regular part-time job, is when I get one on one time with kids. Sometimes I'll get kids that'll nonchalantly discuss pretty heavy stuff, like being in the hospital, or separated parents. Its always cool to see how they see things like that, and how they treat it like a small part of their lives. Sometimes, if I'm up to it, I'll play with the kids outside. They really enjoy seeing a much larger person walk through the monkey bars, or climb up a ladder in two steps. Playing with them talks a lot of energy, but it always makes me happy. 

Heres to more healthy living, physically and mentally. Love ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment