Thursday, February 18, 2016

Albums Getting Me Through The Week

I started math homework a month in advance, and I transferred money to my savings account. Adulthood is fast approaching!

For the past week, I've exclusively listened to a mix of The Life of Pablo by Kanye West, Hamilton, and Emotion by Carly Rae Jepsen. Pablo pumps me the fuck up, and gives me balls when I seem to have lost mine. Theres something about Kanye's fearlessness that really inspires me to put myself out there. Hamilton, the musical thats taken over the country, has been my thing since last fall. But recently I've stuck to the last few songs of the musical, which I think hold the most impact. It really gets me off my ass, and trying to advance myself. It's also partly inspired my goal of creating an LGBTQ help center/shelter once I've advanced enough. I listen to Emotion when I begin to sink into feeling dependent on others for happiness. While a running theme of the album is love, its more of embracing yourself in the moment of love, which I find myself needing to be reminded of from time to time.


I've got a growing to-do list for tomorrow, that includes cleaning, groceries and other adult like responsibilities, so I better get to bed. Good night, buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment