Sunday, January 10, 2016

Where's My Wagon Full of Fat?

Today didn't really kick off till the late afternoon when I met my friend at the gym. She invited me a few days ago after reading here that I wanted to start being healthier, and I was really glad she did! We were there for about an hour, and only stuck to the elliptical but it kicked my ass. I mean, I'm sure I'll get to the point where the elliptical is simple machine to use, but for now I'll have to let it slowly kill me. Maybe it was just because it was cardio (I've got a notoriously bad cardio history)? Or am I that out of shape?!

My usual (beginners) work out routine is one I picked up from a source I totally forgot about. I do three rounds (Is that the correct terminology? Or would it be sets?) every other day. While that work out is great, I feel like I need to add a bit more cardio to it. I want to try to incorporate jogging into it, which would be much easier than the elliptical. I also have certain meals I try to eat before and after each workout, for maximum nutritional gain. The rest of the  time, I try to be a lil more active than usual by doing things like taking the stairs, taking long ways, parking farther away etc. I also try to eat more protein based foods, more green vegetables, and less empty calories. 
Sorry these pictures all look like they've been microwaved

My short term goal isn't anything special, just to lose some fat and gain some muscle. I feel like it'll be a lot easier to achieve my long term goal by splitting it all up into little sections. After I've completed this short term goal, I'll actually join a gym and start planning out my meals weekly. Honestly not sure what comes after that, but we'll figure it out!
Long term goal: wheeling out all of my lost fat in a wagon in front of a live studio audience 



No comments:

Post a Comment