Thursday, January 14, 2016

Making Myself Happy

I woke up to some shitty ass Oscar nominations. Granted, I haven't seen a majority of the movies, but judging from what I know from trailers, there are much better choices for nominees. Really, these awards don't mean much, they're cool and all, but it doesn't really give us a definite look at the best movies of the year. If it did, The Force Awakens and Tangerine would've gotten some attention.

I ended up late to class, but it didn't matter much because we were doing some sort of worksheet. I was really proud of myself because I understood a majority of the work. When I didn't, I swallowed nerves/pride and asked the T.A for some help, which is a huge step for me. After class, I stopped by my house to make a quick snack before work. I made a fire ass wrap, and ate it while I opened a package from Amazon. In middle school, there was a book that I would constantly check out from the library that was a step by step look into how Disney makes an animated movie. There were a few nights when I slept with the book by my side. When I graduated, I was really upset that I was never going to be able to read it again. Fast forward 7 years, and I was able to hunt down the book on Amazon and order it. Its now forever mine, and I'll always have the disney film making process handy.

Please note that I made today a great day. I didn't have to ask for help with math, or make a fire ass wrap or treat myself to the book. I made all of that happen, I made myself happy. While I'm still working on being my own major source of happiness, I think today was a really big step in the right direction.

Before I go, I want to thank anyone thats been reading this. It really means a lot to me that you actually have some level of interest in what I have to say. Thanks again, and remember to make it a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Not a day has gone by I haven't read. Happy for you, love you! - Loegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to live vicariously through your blog because you're doing so well and I'm sosososo proud of you and it makes me happy that youre getting into a swing of things and being happier

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was v lame of me but it's true man so

    ReplyDelete